Sunday, April 22, 2012

Rain, Tea, and B-movie Mystery

The morning began with me waking from dreams of Edo Period, Japan. After which I realized with serene melancholy that it was beginning to rain. Normally this would ruin most people's day. However, I am not most people. As I dressed for church the knowledge that today was going to be overcast was a joy to me. After church, (I'm going to skip it as I was in the nursery and therefore missed the sermon.) we came home and I went to nap. Rainy days are so conducive to sleep that it would seem a waste not to nap. 

     So I slept, until I was called at 2:30 PM to prepare for the ladies tea that was being held at our church. The theme for this year's annual tea was "Hope Springs Forth in a Garden". The speaker this year was a member of our own congregation and one of the most amazing women I've ever met. Her presentation was so hopeful and quite amazing. I am bad with words, so I can't really expound further. I will however share the Bible verses that inspire hope in her heart: Isaiah 41:10, John 10:27, and Matthew 28:20. They are wonderful verses to keep in mind when you feel defeated or depressed. After the presentation we moved on to tea in Fellowship Hall. The room was beautifully  decorated as a spring garden. The tables were set with some wonderful and unique tea cups and there was a buffet of finger foods and delectable pastries. There was a selection of bagged teas of various brands such as: Lipton, Crabtree & Evelyn, Harrison & Crosfield and Bigelow. Although for me these teas were a little lackluster, mostly because I drink loose leaf tea and Twinings bagged tea. 

After the tea were headed to my cousin's house to play games. I love playing games, and tonight we played Apple's to Apple's Jr. and Monopoly Deal. Normally I prefer a good long game of Trivial Pursuit but it was a school night so long games were no good. At any rate it was a good time. 

I now sit typing this post hearing the rain hit the roof. One of my favorite B-movie mock horror films Haunted Honeymoon is playing in the background. Well, it's over now. I think I'll watch my other two favorites. Hmm, Clue or Murder by Death next?

Well, that's all for tonight. Have happy haunted b-movie dreams everyone!

Essy Romaine

No comments:

Post a Comment